US has struck major blows against al Qaeda leaders: NSA
Washington: Noting that America has refocused the fight against al Qaeda and its extremist allies, a top Obama administration official has said that the US has struck major blows against their leaders.
"In Afghanistan and beyond, we have refocused the fight against al Qaeda and its extremist allies," the National Security Advisor, General (rtd) James Jones said in his remarks at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy.
"We have struck major blows against their leaders, who are now hunkered down in the tribal regions along the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'