US: Hate messages found in Jewish enclave
New York: Authorities say vandals torched three cars and scrawled Nazi swastikas and other hate messages on benches in a Jewish neighbourhood in New York City, infuriating residents and causing thousands of dollars in damage.
The attack happened early Saturday in Brooklyn`s Midwood section. Residents woke up at 5:30 am to find the cars engulfed in flames. Someone spray painted the letters "KKK" on a van, and other messages targeting Jews were on the sidewalk.
The act has brought swift condemnation from city officials. Mayor Michael Bloomberg says there`s no place for hate in "the freest city in the freest country in the world”.
Residents of the neighbourhood tell local newspapers that they were outraged. One witness says she saw a group of laughing kids fleeing the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you