US: Hate messages found in Jewish enclave
New York: Authorities say vandals torched three cars and scrawled Nazi swastikas and other hate messages on benches in a Jewish neighbourhood in New York City, infuriating residents and causing thousands of dollars in damage.
The attack happened early Saturday in Brooklyn`s Midwood section. Residents woke up at 5:30 am to find the cars engulfed in flames. Someone spray painted the letters "KKK" on a van, and other messages targeting Jews were on the sidewalk.
The act has brought swift condemnation from city officials. Mayor Michael Bloomberg says there`s no place for hate in "the freest city in the freest country in the world”.
Residents of the neighbourhood tell local newspapers that they were outraged. One witness says she saw a group of laughing kids fleeing the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened