US hijacking Egypt`s revolution: Al Qaeda chief
Cairo: Al Qaeda`s new leader has accused the
United States of hijacking Egypt`s popular uprising to
preserve its interests in the Middle East.
Ayman al-Zawahri says the US "has led a peaceful
transition of power, which protects its interests and turns
the popular revolution into a military coup."
A military council has ruled Egypt since the mass
uprising toppled former President Hosni Mubarak in February.
Al-Zawahri urged the Egyptian people to establish Islamic
rule and foil Washington`s efforts.
The audio message was posted late yesterday on an
extremist website. Its authenticity could not be immediately
The Egyptian-born al-Zawahri was named the new al-Qaeda
chief following the US commando raid that killed Osama bin
Laden in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites