US immigration head called worker sexy mothaf---a!
New York: The US immigration agency head, who has been accused of mistreating male co-workers and calling them lewd names, took a leave from her post after two more men came forward citing the same.
Suzanne Barr, the chief of staff at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, “voluntarily placed herself on leave” while her agency reviews a recent lawsuit that alleges man-baiting, ICE Public Affairs director Brian Hale said.
Lawyer Morris Fischer said that the new, anonymous accusers stepped forward after he filed the lawsuit on behalf of ICE Special Agent in Charge James T Hayes Jr.
One of the accusers recalled a lighthearted October 2009 group conversation at the office of ICE director John Morton that turned awkward fast due to her comments.
“At some point during the conversation, I witnessed Suzanne Barr turn to senior ICE employee Tae Johnson and state ‘You a sexy mothaf---a!’ She then looked at his crotch and asked, ‘How long is it anyway?’,” the New York Daily News quoted him as saying in the statement.
A second man claimed that he was working as an ICE attaché in Colombia the same year when he attended a party at a US diplomat’s home where she drank heavily and approached and offered oral sex to him.
Fischer said that the statements — with accusers’ names included — have been given to Justice Department defence lawyers as evidence in the pending lawsuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Over 600 young leaders recruited by Rahul Gandhi but not given any responsibilities yet: Report
- Afghan Taliban sources confirm death of leader in US attack
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests