US immigration head called worker sexy mothaf---a!
New York: The US immigration agency head, who has been accused of mistreating male co-workers and calling them lewd names, took a leave from her post after two more men came forward citing the same.
Suzanne Barr, the chief of staff at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, “voluntarily placed herself on leave” while her agency reviews a recent lawsuit that alleges man-baiting, ICE Public Affairs director Brian Hale said.
Lawyer Morris Fischer said that the new, anonymous accusers stepped forward after he filed the lawsuit on behalf of ICE Special Agent in Charge James T Hayes Jr.
One of the accusers recalled a lighthearted October 2009 group conversation at the office of ICE director John Morton that turned awkward fast due to her comments.
“At some point during the conversation, I witnessed Suzanne Barr turn to senior ICE employee Tae Johnson and state ‘You a sexy mothaf---a!’ She then looked at his crotch and asked, ‘How long is it anyway?’,” the New York Daily News quoted him as saying in the statement.
A second man claimed that he was working as an ICE attaché in Colombia the same year when he attended a party at a US diplomat’s home where she drank heavily and approached and offered oral sex to him.
Fischer said that the statements — with accusers’ names included — have been given to Justice Department defence lawyers as evidence in the pending lawsuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued