US investigators join Mexico chopper crash probe
Mexico City: The US National Transportation Safety Board has sent a team of investigators to Mexico to probe the helicopter crash that killed the country`s No 2 official.
The board says it has also sent representatives of the Federal Aviation Administration to investigate Friday`s crash in a rural area south of Mexico City. The crash killed Interior Minister Francisco Blake Mora and seven others.
The safety board said in a news release on Sunday that Mexico requested help. The agents arrived Saturday.
President Felipe Calderon has asked Mexico`s transportation secretary to carry out a thorough investigation into the causes of the helicopter crash.
Mexico`s Transportation and Communications Department will remain the lead investigative agency.
- Indian weightlifters earn two quota places for Olympics
- ISIS sex slave kidnapped by Indian-origin Islamic State terrorist Siddhartha Dhar
- Italy cites UN arbitration court, says India should release Italian marine
- Indian Premier League: Crisis-hit Rising Pune Supergiants sign former Kings XI Punjab skipper George Bailey
- Watch: Sushmita Sen delivers a wonderful speech at daughters' school event!