US investigators join Mexico chopper crash probe
Mexico City: The US National Transportation Safety Board has sent a team of investigators to Mexico to probe the helicopter crash that killed the country`s No 2 official.
The board says it has also sent representatives of the Federal Aviation Administration to investigate Friday`s crash in a rural area south of Mexico City. The crash killed Interior Minister Francisco Blake Mora and seven others.
The safety board said in a news release on Sunday that Mexico requested help. The agents arrived Saturday.
President Felipe Calderon has asked Mexico`s transportation secretary to carry out a thorough investigation into the causes of the helicopter crash.
Mexico`s Transportation and Communications Department will remain the lead investigative agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof