US, Iran to resume N-talks in Geneva
Washington: US and Iranian officials are set to resume talks Thursday in Geneva over Tehran`s controversial nuclear programme, the state department said in a statement.
Deputy Secretary of State William Burns and Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Wendy Sherman will lead the US delegation for the two-day talks, Xinhua reported citing the official statement.
"These bilateral consultations will take place in the context of the P5+1 nuclear negotiations led by European Union (EU) High Representative Catherine Ashton," it added.
Washington and Tehran met in Geneva in August, as Iran and the P5+1 group - Britain, China, France, Russia, US and Germany - failed to reach a comprehensive agreement but agreed to extend the talks till Nov 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred