US is "enemy of Jews": Likud Party members
Jerusalem: Members of ruling right wing
Likud Party in Israel have described the US as "enemy of Jews"
as it rapped Prime Minister Benjamin Netantyahu for agreeing
to a ten-month moratorium on construction activities in the
West Bank under pressure from Obama administration.
The first salvo against President Barack Obama was
fired by Culture and Sports Minister Limor Livnat who branded
his administration "horrible", but it was followed by an event
attended by some 200 party activists under the banner, "real
Likudniks (Likud party members) do not surrender", including
party lawmakers and ministers.
"The Obama administration is an enemy of the Jews and
the worst regime there ever was for the State of Israel," said
Yossi Naim, the head of the Beit Aryeh regional council, at
the meeting held in the northern town of Ra`nana.
"I announce to Obama, you won`t be able to stop us,"
Naim stressed. The mayor of the West Bank settlement of Ariel,
Ron Nahman, called Netanyahu`s announcement of the settlement
freeze a "disgrace".
Referring to Livnat`s comments, Nahman said, "I am
proud and happy that you said what you said, because you had
the public courage to say what most of the public feels ever
since Obama came to power.
Obama wouldn`t have dared do what Netanyahu is doing
here, because in the US, they have a constitution, and not
He repeatedly referred to the US leader as "Hussein
Obama", omitting his first name. Likud lawmaker, Danny Danon,
who organised the event, told the crowd that he is collecting
signatures of the party`s central committee members to force a
discussion on the issue.
"The Prime Minister should have told the Americans
that on Judea and Samaria, he would not surrender," Danon
said. "We are starting a campaign to put the brakes on what
Netanyahu is trying to do. "We will be attacked for this and
it won`t be easy, but we, the silent majority of the Likud,
will struggle and succeed," he added.
Environmental Protection Minister from the ruling
party, Gilad Erdan, blamed Defence Minister Ehud Barak for
promoting the moratorium for his "own private political
"The defence minister is not so innocent, he has a
political agenda. Tonight there is a Labour Party meeting,"
Erdan told Likud members today.
"We as the Likud must not send the (West Bank)
regional council heads out alone to contend with the Civil
Administration, which does not even possess the resources to
handle appeals against the freeze plan," he asserted.
Erdan, who is opposed to the construction moratorium,
added, "I don`t have the authority to stop it."
Netanyahu has distanced himself from the comments
made by his party activists and local media reports quoted his
advisers as saying that he will not allow the Likud central
committee to convene to debate his decision to freeze
construction in the West Bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'