US, Israel responsible for Syrian insecurity: Iran
Tehran: Iran has blamed the US and Israel for creating insecurity in Syria, Xinhua reported on Friday.
According to Fars news agency, Iranian Defence Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said the US and Israel were responsible for insecurity in Syria. However, the Syrian Army was capable of restoring security in the country.
Vahidi told newly-appointed Syrian Defence Minister General Fahad Jassim al-Freij over phone on Thursday that Damascus was facing a US-Israeli plot against the resistance front but Iran was confident that Syria`s powerful Army could disappoint Washington and its regional allies, the report said.
On Wednesday, three people, namely Syrian defence minister Dawood Rajha, his deputy Assef Shawkat and assistant vice president Hassan Turkmani, were killed and many others injured after a blast hit the national security headquarters in Damascus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH