US, Israel responsible for Syrian insecurity: Iran
Tehran: Iran has blamed the US and Israel for creating insecurity in Syria, Xinhua reported on Friday.
According to Fars news agency, Iranian Defence Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said the US and Israel were responsible for insecurity in Syria. However, the Syrian Army was capable of restoring security in the country.
Vahidi told newly-appointed Syrian Defence Minister General Fahad Jassim al-Freij over phone on Thursday that Damascus was facing a US-Israeli plot against the resistance front but Iran was confident that Syria`s powerful Army could disappoint Washington and its regional allies, the report said.
On Wednesday, three people, namely Syrian defence minister Dawood Rajha, his deputy Assef Shawkat and assistant vice president Hassan Turkmani, were killed and many others injured after a blast hit the national security headquarters in Damascus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!