US, Israel responsible for Syrian insecurity: Iran
Tehran: Iran has blamed the US and Israel for creating insecurity in Syria, Xinhua reported on Friday.
According to Fars news agency, Iranian Defence Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said the US and Israel were responsible for insecurity in Syria. However, the Syrian Army was capable of restoring security in the country.
Vahidi told newly-appointed Syrian Defence Minister General Fahad Jassim al-Freij over phone on Thursday that Damascus was facing a US-Israeli plot against the resistance front but Iran was confident that Syria`s powerful Army could disappoint Washington and its regional allies, the report said.
On Wednesday, three people, namely Syrian defence minister Dawood Rajha, his deputy Assef Shawkat and assistant vice president Hassan Turkmani, were killed and many others injured after a blast hit the national security headquarters in Damascus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Petrol prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!
- IPL 2016: Axar Patel's four-wicket haul guides Kings XI Punjab to 23-run win over table-toppers Gujarat Lions
- Diesel prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!
- A much needed break! PM Modi spends some moments of solitude with a boat ride in Varanasi – Watch
- ISIS makes Indian terrorist its poster boy in new video to lure youth from country