US, Japan agree for talks with North Korea to end standoff
The United States and Japan have offered talks with North Korea to resolve the increasingly dangerous standoff over its nuclear and missile programmes.
According to Fox News, North Korea has a clear course of action available to it, and will find `ready partners` in the United States if it follows through, US Secretary of State John Kerry told reporters.
Japan`s foreign minister, Fumio Kishida, who appeared with Kerry at a news conference, said that North Korea must honor its commitment to earlier deals regarding its nuclear and missile programmes and on releasing kidnapped foreigners.
The officials agreed on the need to work towards a nuclear-free North Korea and opened the door to direct talks if certain conditions are met.
Their comments highlight the difficulty in resolving the North Korean nuclear situation in a peaceful manner, as pledged by Kerry and Chinese leaders in Beijing on Saturday, the report said.
American and South Korean officials believe that North Korea may deliver another provocation in the coming days with a mid-range missile test.
Kerry`s visit to Japan followed two days of meetings in South Korea and China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof