US, Japan discuss additional sanctions against North Korea
Washington: US President Barack Obama and Japan`s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe met here Friday for talks that included the possibility of imposing new sanctions on North Korea in retaliation for Pyongyang`s recent test of a nuclear device.
The two leaders talked to reporters following their session in the White House Oval Office.
of specific new measures, only a demand for the UN Security Council "to speak with a single voice" in warning North Korea of negative consequences if the country continues to pursue a nuclear weapons capability.
"And so we`ll be talking about a host of issues that - and steps that we can take in our respective countries to encourage the kind of trade, expanded commerce, and robust growth that will lead to greater opportunity for both the United States and Japan," Obama said.
Abe said: "I think I can declare with confidence that the trust and the bond in our alliance is back."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'