US judge denies bid to take down anti-Muslim film
Los Angeles: An actress who appeared in the anti-Muslim film blamed for sparking violence in the Middle East has lost another legal bid to have the trailer taken down from YouTube.
A federal judge in Los Angeles denied a motion for injunction yesterday by Cindy Lee Garcia. It wasn`t immediately known whether Garcia`s attorneys would file an appeal.
Garcia lost a similar legal challenge in state court when a judge rejected her lawsuit in September.
The film enraged Muslims and ignited violence in the Middle East, killing dozens.
Garcia said she was duped by the man behind the film, Mark Bassely Youssef and the script she saw referenced neither Muslims nor Mohammad. She also said her voice had been dubbed over after filming. (
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh