US judge orders release of Gitmo detainee
Washington: A judge has ordered the release
of a Guantanamo Bay detainee who was described as a significant al-Qaeda operative in the commission report about the terror attacks of Sept 11, 2001.
The ruling in favour of detainee Mohamedou Ould Salahi
was disclosed yesterday in a two-sentence court entry.
The judge in the case, James Robertson, will issue a
written decision at a later date explaining his reasons for
granting the detainee`s petition. For now, the detainee
remains at Guantanamo.
The report by the commission established to investigate
government activity before and after the attacks says that
Salahi provided advice to several men about getting to
Pakistan and Afghanistan. The men later participated in the
Sept 11 attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment