US judge orders release of Gitmo detainee
Washington: A judge has ordered the release
of a Guantanamo Bay detainee who was described as a significant al-Qaeda operative in the commission report about the terror attacks of Sept 11, 2001.
The ruling in favour of detainee Mohamedou Ould Salahi
was disclosed yesterday in a two-sentence court entry.
The judge in the case, James Robertson, will issue a
written decision at a later date explaining his reasons for
granting the detainee`s petition. For now, the detainee
remains at Guantanamo.
The report by the commission established to investigate
government activity before and after the attacks says that
Salahi provided advice to several men about getting to
Pakistan and Afghanistan. The men later participated in the
Sept 11 attacks.
- JNUSU President Kanhaiya Kumar shown black flags in Patna
- India's Kalvari stealth submarine starts sea trials
- New uniform for Air India cabin crew in the offing, khadi among several suggestions
- Uber brings back surge pricing, Arvind Kejriwal warns of strong action
- Happy Birthday! New photographs of Britain's Princess Charlotte released