US Kansas City fire: Sniffer dogs search the burnt remains
Kansas City: A gas explosion sparked a massive fire in a shopping district in Kansas City, Missouri on Tuesday, destroying a restaurant completely and injuring 14, officials said.
What caused the explosion is not clear; however a city official said it was believed to have been caused accidentally by a utility contractor.
City officials said that sniffer dogs were being used to search the burnt remains of the charred JJ restaurant.
Though, no casualty has been reported so far, but at least two patients are very critical with severe burn injuries, said a doctor with St Luke`s Hospital, the BBC reported.
Kansas City Fire Chief Paul Berardi said late Tuesday that the search for possible victims could take hours and that he expected his crews to be at the scene through the night.
While officials have said they have no reports of fatalities, Berardi noted, "I would always fear there are fatalities in a scene like this."
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'