US Kansas City fire: Sniffer dogs search the burnt remains
Kansas City: A gas explosion sparked a massive fire in a shopping district in Kansas City, Missouri on Tuesday, destroying a restaurant completely and injuring 14, officials said.
What caused the explosion is not clear; however a city official said it was believed to have been caused accidentally by a utility contractor.
City officials said that sniffer dogs were being used to search the burnt remains of the charred JJ restaurant.
Though, no casualty has been reported so far, but at least two patients are very critical with severe burn injuries, said a doctor with St Luke`s Hospital, the BBC reported.
Kansas City Fire Chief Paul Berardi said late Tuesday that the search for possible victims could take hours and that he expected his crews to be at the scene through the night.
While officials have said they have no reports of fatalities, Berardi noted, "I would always fear there are fatalities in a scene like this."
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details