US lawmaker Giffords released from hospital
Houston: US lawmaker Gabrielle Giffords
was on Wednesday released from hospital here, five months after being
shot in the head during a political event.
"Congresswoman Giffords has shown clear, continuous
improvement from the moment she arrived at TIRR five months
ago," Dr Gerard Francisco, the hospital`s chief medical
officer said in the statement.
"We are very excited that she has reached the next
phase of her rehabilitation and can begin outpatient
treatment," Francisco said.
The Arizona congresswoman will continue to receive
treatment from TIRR Memorial Hermann therapists as an
outpatient, according to a statement from the faculty.
She will stay with her husband, astronaut Mark Kelly,
who has a home in League City.
"Gabby has recovered well from the surgery," Dr Dong
Kim, Giffords` neurosurgeon, said in the statement.
Congresswoman Gifford was shot in the brain at close
range by a gunman while she was meeting her constituents in
Tuscon, Arizona. The gunman, who went on a shooting rampage
after firing at Giffords also killed six people, including a
federal judge and a nine-year-old girl.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- CGBSE.nic.in 10th HS Results 2016: Chhattisgarh Board, CGBSE Class 10th High School Exam Result 2016 to be declared soon
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut ugly spat: Former boyfriend Adhyayan Suman makes shocking revelations
- UP Police Computer Operator Admit Card 2016 for May 19 exam available. Check uppbpb.gov.in
- Congress responsible for drought in state, says Maharashtra's finance minister
- US House passes email privacy bill