US lawmaker Giffords released from hospital
Houston: US lawmaker Gabrielle Giffords
was on Wednesday released from hospital here, five months after being
shot in the head during a political event.
"Congresswoman Giffords has shown clear, continuous
improvement from the moment she arrived at TIRR five months
ago," Dr Gerard Francisco, the hospital`s chief medical
officer said in the statement.
"We are very excited that she has reached the next
phase of her rehabilitation and can begin outpatient
treatment," Francisco said.
The Arizona congresswoman will continue to receive
treatment from TIRR Memorial Hermann therapists as an
outpatient, according to a statement from the faculty.
She will stay with her husband, astronaut Mark Kelly,
who has a home in League City.
"Gabby has recovered well from the surgery," Dr Dong
Kim, Giffords` neurosurgeon, said in the statement.
Congresswoman Gifford was shot in the brain at close
range by a gunman while she was meeting her constituents in
Tuscon, Arizona. The gunman, who went on a shooting rampage
after firing at Giffords also killed six people, including a
federal judge and a nine-year-old girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post