US lawmaker Giffords released from hospital
Houston: US lawmaker Gabrielle Giffords
was on Wednesday released from hospital here, five months after being
shot in the head during a political event.
"Congresswoman Giffords has shown clear, continuous
improvement from the moment she arrived at TIRR five months
ago," Dr Gerard Francisco, the hospital`s chief medical
officer said in the statement.
"We are very excited that she has reached the next
phase of her rehabilitation and can begin outpatient
treatment," Francisco said.
The Arizona congresswoman will continue to receive
treatment from TIRR Memorial Hermann therapists as an
outpatient, according to a statement from the faculty.
She will stay with her husband, astronaut Mark Kelly,
who has a home in League City.
"Gabby has recovered well from the surgery," Dr Dong
Kim, Giffords` neurosurgeon, said in the statement.
Congresswoman Gifford was shot in the brain at close
range by a gunman while she was meeting her constituents in
Tuscon, Arizona. The gunman, who went on a shooting rampage
after firing at Giffords also killed six people, including a
federal judge and a nine-year-old girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh