‘US-led drill in Persian Gulf causes insecurity in region’
Tehran: A senior commander of Iran`s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) said the ongoing maneuver of the United States and its allies in the Persian Gulf can cause insecurity in the region, Press TV reported Saturday.
"The maneuver is a passive reaction but the US presence in the region, like its presence in Iraq, Afghanistan and many other regions in the world, has only stoked insecurity," IRGC Navy Commander Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi was quoted as saying on Friday.
The United States and its allies are holding the drill to claim that they can resist against the Islamic republic, but they should know that they are the cause of insecurity in the region, he added.
Another Iranian senior navy commander, Second Rear Admiral Hossein Azad, said Iran`s Armed Forces are fully monitoring the naval exercise of the United States and its allies in the Persian Gulf, Press TV reported Friday.
The United States and its allies are performing the maneuver in the Persian Gulf under the pretext of improving security, but history has proven the falsehood of their claims, Azad was quoted as saying.
He emphasized that only regional countries can safeguard security in the region.
The United States and about 25 of its allies started Sunday a largest-scale mine-sweeping exercise in the Persian Gulf, in a show of unity and defensive step to prevent Iran`s attempt to block oil exports through the Strait of Hormuz.
Iranian military officials have threatened to close the Strait of Hormuz in the face of mounting Western pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues