US looking forward to engage with new Pak govt
Washington: The US on Thursday said it was looking forward to a "free, fair and transparent" election in Pakistan on May 11 and stressed that it did not support any one political party in the historic polls.
"These elections will mark an important democratic transition, a historic development of which the people of Pakistan can be very proud.
"We do not support any particular political party or individual candidate, and we look forward to engaging with the next democratically elected government," said White House spokesperson Laura Lucas.
"We support the right of the Pakistani people to participate fully in the election of their representatives and fulfill their aspirations for a peaceful, prosperous, and democratic nation," she said.
"We look forward to witnessing timely, transparent, free, and fair elections on May 11," Lucas said in response to a question on the upcoming elections in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you