US looking into range of possibilities against Iran
Washington: The US on Thursday said it is looking
into a range of possibilities against Iran as it asked Tehran
to engage with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
in a credible and transparent manner to address the concerns
over its nuclear programme.
The IAEA report on Iran, State Department spokesman Mark
Toner said, demonstrates what the US has known and made clear
for years, which is that Iran did have a nuclear weapons
programme and has yet to provide any assurance that it has not
abandoned its intent to develop nuclear weapons.
"So these are very serious allegations, serious charges,
and it`s incumbent on Iran to at last engage with the IAEA in
a credible and transparent manner to address these concerns,"
Toner told reporters at his daily news conference.
"I think going forward; we`re consulting with our
partners and allies within the IAEA. There`s going to be a
Board of Governors meeting at the end of next week, where this
will be addressed. And we’re going to look at a range of
possibilities," Toner said.
The existing UN sanctions and Resolution 1929 puts in
place some of the most stringent sanctions to date for Iran,
and that they are having an economic impact on Iran, he said,
adding these sanctions are squeezing the Iranians` economy.
"What we`ve been working towards is reinforcing those,
working with countries around the world to make sure that
those sanctions are upheld and implemented to the fullest
extent possible. I think that as we move forward, we’re going
to consult and certainly look at ways to impose additional
pressure on Iran," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow