US looking into range of possibilities against Iran
Washington: The US on Thursday said it is looking
into a range of possibilities against Iran as it asked Tehran
to engage with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
in a credible and transparent manner to address the concerns
over its nuclear programme.
The IAEA report on Iran, State Department spokesman Mark
Toner said, demonstrates what the US has known and made clear
for years, which is that Iran did have a nuclear weapons
programme and has yet to provide any assurance that it has not
abandoned its intent to develop nuclear weapons.
"So these are very serious allegations, serious charges,
and it`s incumbent on Iran to at last engage with the IAEA in
a credible and transparent manner to address these concerns,"
Toner told reporters at his daily news conference.
"I think going forward; we`re consulting with our
partners and allies within the IAEA. There`s going to be a
Board of Governors meeting at the end of next week, where this
will be addressed. And we’re going to look at a range of
possibilities," Toner said.
The existing UN sanctions and Resolution 1929 puts in
place some of the most stringent sanctions to date for Iran,
and that they are having an economic impact on Iran, he said,
adding these sanctions are squeezing the Iranians` economy.
"What we`ve been working towards is reinforcing those,
working with countries around the world to make sure that
those sanctions are upheld and implemented to the fullest
extent possible. I think that as we move forward, we’re going
to consult and certainly look at ways to impose additional
pressure on Iran," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?