US looking into range of possibilities against Iran
Washington: The US on Thursday said it is looking
into a range of possibilities against Iran as it asked Tehran
to engage with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
in a credible and transparent manner to address the concerns
over its nuclear programme.
The IAEA report on Iran, State Department spokesman Mark
Toner said, demonstrates what the US has known and made clear
for years, which is that Iran did have a nuclear weapons
programme and has yet to provide any assurance that it has not
abandoned its intent to develop nuclear weapons.
"So these are very serious allegations, serious charges,
and it`s incumbent on Iran to at last engage with the IAEA in
a credible and transparent manner to address these concerns,"
Toner told reporters at his daily news conference.
"I think going forward; we`re consulting with our
partners and allies within the IAEA. There`s going to be a
Board of Governors meeting at the end of next week, where this
will be addressed. And we’re going to look at a range of
possibilities," Toner said.
The existing UN sanctions and Resolution 1929 puts in
place some of the most stringent sanctions to date for Iran,
and that they are having an economic impact on Iran, he said,
adding these sanctions are squeezing the Iranians` economy.
"What we`ve been working towards is reinforcing those,
working with countries around the world to make sure that
those sanctions are upheld and implemented to the fullest
extent possible. I think that as we move forward, we’re going
to consult and certainly look at ways to impose additional
pressure on Iran," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP