US lottery organisers appeal for unclaimed prize of $1 mn
New York: Organisers of the Powerball lottery on Friday appealed for the owner of a winning ticket to come forward and collect a $1 million prize that has been unclaimed for nearly a year.
"Check your wallet, clean out the drawers and dig in your pants pockets because a New Jersey Lottery player, somewhere, has a $1 million winning Powerball ticket that will expire on May 16," officials said in a statement.
The winning ticket was sold in a shop in South Brunswick with the numbers 3, 7, 21, 28, 43 and 2.
The lottery draw was made on May 16 last year. Prizes can be claimed for up to a year after the draw, meaning the mystery winner has just under three weeks to collect the $1 million windfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account