US lottery organisers appeal for unclaimed prize of $1 mn
New York: Organisers of the Powerball lottery on Friday appealed for the owner of a winning ticket to come forward and collect a $1 million prize that has been unclaimed for nearly a year.
"Check your wallet, clean out the drawers and dig in your pants pockets because a New Jersey Lottery player, somewhere, has a $1 million winning Powerball ticket that will expire on May 16," officials said in a statement.
The winning ticket was sold in a shop in South Brunswick with the numbers 3, 7, 21, 28, 43 and 2.
The lottery draw was made on May 16 last year. Prizes can be claimed for up to a year after the draw, meaning the mystery winner has just under three weeks to collect the $1 million windfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan