US lottery organisers appeal for unclaimed prize of $1 mn
New York: Organisers of the Powerball lottery on Friday appealed for the owner of a winning ticket to come forward and collect a $1 million prize that has been unclaimed for nearly a year.
"Check your wallet, clean out the drawers and dig in your pants pockets because a New Jersey Lottery player, somewhere, has a $1 million winning Powerball ticket that will expire on May 16," officials said in a statement.
The winning ticket was sold in a shop in South Brunswick with the numbers 3, 7, 21, 28, 43 and 2.
The lottery draw was made on May 16 last year. Prizes can be claimed for up to a year after the draw, meaning the mystery winner has just under three weeks to collect the $1 million windfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16