US lottery organisers appeal for unclaimed prize of $1 mn
New York: Organisers of the Powerball lottery on Friday appealed for the owner of a winning ticket to come forward and collect a $1 million prize that has been unclaimed for nearly a year.
"Check your wallet, clean out the drawers and dig in your pants pockets because a New Jersey Lottery player, somewhere, has a $1 million winning Powerball ticket that will expire on May 16," officials said in a statement.
The winning ticket was sold in a shop in South Brunswick with the numbers 3, 7, 21, 28, 43 and 2.
The lottery draw was made on May 16 last year. Prizes can be claimed for up to a year after the draw, meaning the mystery winner has just under three weeks to collect the $1 million windfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi