US man accused of keeping wife in chains for years
Morgantown: Authorities say a US man tortured his wife and kept her in chains for a decade, treating her as his slave.
A criminal complaint says the 43-year-old woman was burned on her back and breasts with irons and frying pans, and her foot was smashed under farm equipment. She also allegedly delivered a stillborn child while in chains. Another infant survived.
Thirty-seven-year-old Peter Lizon was in a West Virginia jail on USD 300,000 bond on Wednesday. He was scheduled to appear in court on a malicious wounding charge Friday.
Jackson County Chief Deputy Tony Boggs says the victim has endured more torture than virtually any domestic violence victim he`s ever seen.
Lizon`s attorney wasn`t immediately available for comment. He told WSAZ-TV the allegations are false.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'