US man accused of keeping wife in chains for years
Morgantown: Authorities say a US man tortured his wife and kept her in chains for a decade, treating her as his slave.
A criminal complaint says the 43-year-old woman was burned on her back and breasts with irons and frying pans, and her foot was smashed under farm equipment. She also allegedly delivered a stillborn child while in chains. Another infant survived.
Thirty-seven-year-old Peter Lizon was in a West Virginia jail on USD 300,000 bond on Wednesday. He was scheduled to appear in court on a malicious wounding charge Friday.
Jackson County Chief Deputy Tony Boggs says the victim has endured more torture than virtually any domestic violence victim he`s ever seen.
Lizon`s attorney wasn`t immediately available for comment. He told WSAZ-TV the allegations are false.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir