US man accused of keeping wife in chains for years
Morgantown: Authorities say a US man tortured his wife and kept her in chains for a decade, treating her as his slave.
A criminal complaint says the 43-year-old woman was burned on her back and breasts with irons and frying pans, and her foot was smashed under farm equipment. She also allegedly delivered a stillborn child while in chains. Another infant survived.
Thirty-seven-year-old Peter Lizon was in a West Virginia jail on USD 300,000 bond on Wednesday. He was scheduled to appear in court on a malicious wounding charge Friday.
Jackson County Chief Deputy Tony Boggs says the victim has endured more torture than virtually any domestic violence victim he`s ever seen.
Lizon`s attorney wasn`t immediately available for comment. He told WSAZ-TV the allegations are false.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?