US man accused of keeping wife in chains for years
Morgantown: Authorities say a US man tortured his wife and kept her in chains for a decade, treating her as his slave.
A criminal complaint says the 43-year-old woman was burned on her back and breasts with irons and frying pans, and her foot was smashed under farm equipment. She also allegedly delivered a stillborn child while in chains. Another infant survived.
Thirty-seven-year-old Peter Lizon was in a West Virginia jail on USD 300,000 bond on Wednesday. He was scheduled to appear in court on a malicious wounding charge Friday.
Jackson County Chief Deputy Tony Boggs says the victim has endured more torture than virtually any domestic violence victim he`s ever seen.
Lizon`s attorney wasn`t immediately available for comment. He told WSAZ-TV the allegations are false.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?