US man accused of keeping wife in chains for years
Morgantown: Authorities say a US man tortured his wife and kept her in chains for a decade, treating her as his slave.
A criminal complaint says the 43-year-old woman was burned on her back and breasts with irons and frying pans, and her foot was smashed under farm equipment. She also allegedly delivered a stillborn child while in chains. Another infant survived.
Thirty-seven-year-old Peter Lizon was in a West Virginia jail on USD 300,000 bond on Wednesday. He was scheduled to appear in court on a malicious wounding charge Friday.
Jackson County Chief Deputy Tony Boggs says the victim has endured more torture than virtually any domestic violence victim he`s ever seen.
Lizon`s attorney wasn`t immediately available for comment. He told WSAZ-TV the allegations are false.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh arrives in violence-hit Kashmir, holds meeting with civil society members
- Premier League 2016-17: Liverpool seal big-money deal for Georginio Wijnaldum
- PM Narendra Modi condemns Munich attack
- When Aditya Chopra told Ranveer Singh to act like himself
- Shah Rukh Khan terms himself struggling writer, pens poem inspired from Zayn Malik