US man accused of sneaking back into jail
New York: Inmates who spend time in a jail cannot wait to get away, but this ex-con thinks otherwise!
Authorities in the US have accused a former inmate of the Rikers Island jail in New York City of sneaking back into the prison.
The Yonkers man who snuck onto Rikers Island by allegedly impersonating a Department of Correction (DOC) employee with the help of a fake shield and ID card - and even moved inmates between cells - was busted Saturday, `The New York Post` reported.
Thirty-six-year old Matthew Matagrano was arrested last night at a DOC facility.
The DOC did not notice until Thursday that Matagrano - who had access to Rikers for at least a week - had been entering the facility.
He raised the suspicions of Rikers guards when he moved inmates from one cell to another, but he was not collared at that time, a law-enforcement source said.
The authorities are yet to determine Matagrano`s exact reasons for entering the jails.
The convicted sex offender last made headlines in 2004 when he used Department of Education ID to sneak into a Queens school and look through confidential student records.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack