US man accused of strangling, cooking family dog
Houston: In a gruesome incident, a 25-year- old man in Florida has been accused of strangling a family puppy, chopping it into pieces and cooking its ribs on the stove.
Thomas Elliot Huggins was arrested on Thursday after a family member called police, US media reports said on Sunday.
"When officers arrived, they found the dog`s ribs cooked in a pot on the stove," Tampa police said.
"The dog`s head was in the garbage," a police official said.
Huggins had strangled the 5- to 6-month-old pit bull and chopped it into quarters, storing pieces in the freezer for future meals, police said.
He was arrested on suspicion of animal cruelty and was produced before a judge yesterday. His bond was set to USD 10,000.
"Shock. Total shock," Nickloa Davis, a neighbour of Huggins said.
"I was speechless because the dog was always outside playing," said Davis.
Equally as stunned was John Pisacane, who gave Bandit to Huggins as a gift when his pit bull had a litter of puppies.
Animal control officials took the remains of the dog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say