US man accused of strangling, cooking family dog
Houston: In a gruesome incident, a 25-year- old man in Florida has been accused of strangling a family puppy, chopping it into pieces and cooking its ribs on the stove.
Thomas Elliot Huggins was arrested on Thursday after a family member called police, US media reports said on Sunday.
"When officers arrived, they found the dog`s ribs cooked in a pot on the stove," Tampa police said.
"The dog`s head was in the garbage," a police official said.
Huggins had strangled the 5- to 6-month-old pit bull and chopped it into quarters, storing pieces in the freezer for future meals, police said.
He was arrested on suspicion of animal cruelty and was produced before a judge yesterday. His bond was set to USD 10,000.
"Shock. Total shock," Nickloa Davis, a neighbour of Huggins said.
"I was speechless because the dog was always outside playing," said Davis.
Equally as stunned was John Pisacane, who gave Bandit to Huggins as a gift when his pit bull had a litter of puppies.
Animal control officials took the remains of the dog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof