US man buys billboard ad to find love!
New York: A middle-aged US man has taken his search for love to new heights by shelling out "a few thousand dollars" on a giant billboard, overlooking a busy Chicago expressway, to advertise his quest for a perfect soulmate.
"I`m Gordon! Let`s have dinner!" says the billboard overlooking the Stevenson Expressway.
It also displays his picture and the address of his own dating website, www.Helpgordyfindlove.Com.
Gordon Engle, a forty-something wealthy divorcee from Chicago, decided to spend money on the advertisement when he became disenchanted with online dating sites, `New York Daily News` reported.
Engle, a self-made entrepreneur, said he was looking for love in all the wrong places, so he decided to try something new.
"You`ll spend several thousand on education, a quarter-million on a house, money on a car, but what`s your most important thing?" he asked.
"Your significant other. You`re going to go cheap on that?" he said.
"There`s not a lot of difference between a billboard and Match.Com. I think a billboard shows a little more sincerity," he told Chicago`s WGNtv.Com.
Engle`s innovative idea seems to be paying off. So far, the billboard has fetched between 15 and 20 `solid` applicants, he said.
However, gold diggers should stay away. Engle said he could spot them "within five minutes."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan