US man charged for threatening to kill Obama
Washington: A man in Virginia, United States, has been charged for threatening to assassinate President Barack Obama.
According to a criminal complaint filed in Harrisonburg court, Christopher Hecker of Waynesboro made death threats against Obama and threatened to bomb the White House, hotels and other places.
An affidavit said the threats were e-mailed to various media outlets on April 19.
According to the affidavit, four days later, Hecker allegedly sent an e-mail to another media outlet that threatened more violence, Fox News reports.
“Sooner or later I will grab someone, maybe in the woods, on the trail, and beat the life out of them,” the e-mail said.
According to the report, the writer also said Obama ‘is the one that is destroying patriotism in the U.S.A.’
Hecker refused to be sworn in during an appearance on Friday in federal court in Charlottesville.
He reportedly said that he didn’t want an attorney, wanted to be sentenced immediately and is seeking the death penalty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on