US man charged with kidnapping, raping three women for decade
London: The US police in Ohio have charged a man with the kidnapping and rape of three women held captive for a decade at a house in Cleveland.
Ariel Castro, 52, owned the house from which Amanda Berry, 27, Gina DeJesus, 23, and Michelle Knight, 32, were rescued on Monday.
His brothers Pedro, 54, and Onil, 50, have also been arrested, but police said they will not be charged.
According to the BBC, police said that the women were bound with ropes and chains went outside twice during their time in captivity.
In a news conference, authorities said Castro would be charged with four counts of kidnapping, covering the three victims and Berry`s six-year-old daughter Jocelyn, alleged to have been born in captivity.
Castro was also charged with three counts of rape - one against each woman.
Police told a news briefing in the city that more than 200 pieces of evidence had been taken from the home where the three women were held captive.
Ariel Castro reportedly fled the neighbourhood and was arrested at a nearby McDonald`s restaurant, local media reported.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?