US man charged with kidnapping, raping three women for decade
London: The US police in Ohio have charged a man with the kidnapping and rape of three women held captive for a decade at a house in Cleveland.
Ariel Castro, 52, owned the house from which Amanda Berry, 27, Gina DeJesus, 23, and Michelle Knight, 32, were rescued on Monday.
His brothers Pedro, 54, and Onil, 50, have also been arrested, but police said they will not be charged.
According to the BBC, police said that the women were bound with ropes and chains went outside twice during their time in captivity.
In a news conference, authorities said Castro would be charged with four counts of kidnapping, covering the three victims and Berry`s six-year-old daughter Jocelyn, alleged to have been born in captivity.
Castro was also charged with three counts of rape - one against each woman.
Police told a news briefing in the city that more than 200 pieces of evidence had been taken from the home where the three women were held captive.
Ariel Castro reportedly fled the neighbourhood and was arrested at a nearby McDonald`s restaurant, local media reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir