US man charged with kidnapping, raping three women for decade
London: The US police in Ohio have charged a man with the kidnapping and rape of three women held captive for a decade at a house in Cleveland.
Ariel Castro, 52, owned the house from which Amanda Berry, 27, Gina DeJesus, 23, and Michelle Knight, 32, were rescued on Monday.
His brothers Pedro, 54, and Onil, 50, have also been arrested, but police said they will not be charged.
According to the BBC, police said that the women were bound with ropes and chains went outside twice during their time in captivity.
In a news conference, authorities said Castro would be charged with four counts of kidnapping, covering the three victims and Berry`s six-year-old daughter Jocelyn, alleged to have been born in captivity.
Castro was also charged with three counts of rape - one against each woman.
Police told a news briefing in the city that more than 200 pieces of evidence had been taken from the home where the three women were held captive.
Ariel Castro reportedly fled the neighbourhood and was arrested at a nearby McDonald`s restaurant, local media reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'