US man charged with kidnapping, raping three women for decade
London: The US police in Ohio have charged a man with the kidnapping and rape of three women held captive for a decade at a house in Cleveland.
Ariel Castro, 52, owned the house from which Amanda Berry, 27, Gina DeJesus, 23, and Michelle Knight, 32, were rescued on Monday.
His brothers Pedro, 54, and Onil, 50, have also been arrested, but police said they will not be charged.
According to the BBC, police said that the women were bound with ropes and chains went outside twice during their time in captivity.
In a news conference, authorities said Castro would be charged with four counts of kidnapping, covering the three victims and Berry`s six-year-old daughter Jocelyn, alleged to have been born in captivity.
Castro was also charged with three counts of rape - one against each woman.
Police told a news briefing in the city that more than 200 pieces of evidence had been taken from the home where the three women were held captive.
Ariel Castro reportedly fled the neighbourhood and was arrested at a nearby McDonald`s restaurant, local media reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack