US man charged with threatening Obama in web poem
Louisville: A man has been charged with posting a poem threatening President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama on a white supremacist website.
US Secret Service Special Agent Stephan M Pazenzia said Johnny Logan Spencer Jr, 27, of Louisville, wrote and posted the poem, titled ‘The Sniper’, on a page called NewSaxon.org. The site is described as an "Online Community for Whites by Whites." The poem was posted in August 2007, according to an arrest affidavit.
US Magistrate Judge Dave Whalin yesterday ordered Spencer released on USD 25,000 bond, but kept under house arrest at a family member`s home. He is charged with making threats against the President and threatening to kill or injure a major candidate for the office of the president.
The poem describes a gunman shooting and killing a "tyrant" later identified as the president, setting off panic in the wake of the fatal shot being fired.
"The bullet that he has chambered is one of the purest pride, And the inspiration on the casing reads DIE negro DIE," the poem states.
Spencer used the online moniker "Pain1488”, a reference to a phrase used by white nationalists as well as an homage to Adolf Hitler.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport