US man detained for talking about `bomb` sandwich
New York: A traveller was detained at the busy John F Kennedy airport in New York for mentioning an explosive device, only to be later found out that he was actually talking about a `bomb sandwich`.
Jason Michael Cruz, was on an escalator in Terminal 7 Thursday when a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officer overheard him tell a friend he "had the wrong kind of bomb" just after 1 pm.
She reported the conversation to her supervisor, Robert Haddok, who sent officers to a security checkpoint to question the pair, the New York Post reported.
Officials ushered Cruz and his friend, Matthew Okumoto, to a holding area, where they learned the pair was talking about a sandwich called `The Bomb`, airport officials said.
Cruz told officers he was chatting about wanting to bring food on the airplane, sources said.
The TSA agent who reported the bomb comment explained that she had only caught a snippet of the conversation, and the pair was then released.
TSA officers held the pair until airport cops arrived, causing Cruz to miss his Los Angeles-bound flight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!