US man detained for talking about `bomb` sandwich
New York: A traveller was detained at the busy John F Kennedy airport in New York for mentioning an explosive device, only to be later found out that he was actually talking about a `bomb sandwich`.
Jason Michael Cruz, was on an escalator in Terminal 7 Thursday when a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officer overheard him tell a friend he "had the wrong kind of bomb" just after 1 pm.
She reported the conversation to her supervisor, Robert Haddok, who sent officers to a security checkpoint to question the pair, the New York Post reported.
Officials ushered Cruz and his friend, Matthew Okumoto, to a holding area, where they learned the pair was talking about a sandwich called `The Bomb`, airport officials said.
Cruz told officers he was chatting about wanting to bring food on the airplane, sources said.
The TSA agent who reported the bomb comment explained that she had only caught a snippet of the conversation, and the pair was then released.
TSA officers held the pair until airport cops arrived, causing Cruz to miss his Los Angeles-bound flight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends