US man douses daughter with acid
New York: In a chilling incident, a wheelchair-bound father in the US doused his daughter with acid that caused the skin to peel from her face as she stormed out in the streets pleading for help in smoking clothes.
The man who claimed his daughter had been abusing him splashed her with acid, cops and witnesses said.
Neighbours in East New York looked on in disbelief as Darlene Lynch, 49, sprinted from apartment with her skin and clothes smoking.
Sources said Jerome Lynch, 69, splashed daughter with a drain cleaner on Saturday.
"My father did this!" Darlene wailed as her clothes disintegrated off of her body, leaving her nearly naked in the street.
"You could see the smoke coming off her body," Clarissa Shakespeare, a neighbour was quoted by the New York Daily News as saying.
"Everyone was just traumatised and scared. Her skin looked like melting wax. And then her whole eye lid was melted. The whole left side from her face all the way down to her feet," she said.
Sources said the victim`s dad, splashed his daughter with a drain cleaner, El Diablo, which is 98 per cent sulfuric acid.
"She was hollering," said another witness Lisa Jones, "I heard the screaming and I just saw her there peeling. One side was peeled off and everyone took her clothes off and was pouring water on her."
One neighbour covered her in a sheet.
She was rushed to New York Presbyterian Hospital, where she was placed in a burn unit. She was expected to survive.
After the woman was taken to the hospital, cops cuffed the father to his wheelchair and pushed him out of the first-floor apartment.
The elderly man was taken to a nearby police station, where he was charged with felony assault.
Jerome, who has trouble speaking since a stroke two years ago, admitted to the attack in a note he wrote to cops, sources said.
"He said she had been abusing him," a source said.
It was not immediately clear how Jerome Lynch claimed he had been abused, but relatives said he`s become delusional in recent years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof