US man douses daughter with acid
New York: In a chilling incident, a wheelchair-bound father in the US doused his daughter with acid that caused the skin to peel from her face as she stormed out in the streets pleading for help in smoking clothes.
The man who claimed his daughter had been abusing him splashed her with acid, cops and witnesses said.
Neighbours in East New York looked on in disbelief as Darlene Lynch, 49, sprinted from apartment with her skin and clothes smoking.
Sources said Jerome Lynch, 69, splashed daughter with a drain cleaner on Saturday.
"My father did this!" Darlene wailed as her clothes disintegrated off of her body, leaving her nearly naked in the street.
"You could see the smoke coming off her body," Clarissa Shakespeare, a neighbour was quoted by the New York Daily News as saying.
"Everyone was just traumatised and scared. Her skin looked like melting wax. And then her whole eye lid was melted. The whole left side from her face all the way down to her feet," she said.
Sources said the victim`s dad, splashed his daughter with a drain cleaner, El Diablo, which is 98 per cent sulfuric acid.
"She was hollering," said another witness Lisa Jones, "I heard the screaming and I just saw her there peeling. One side was peeled off and everyone took her clothes off and was pouring water on her."
One neighbour covered her in a sheet.
She was rushed to New York Presbyterian Hospital, where she was placed in a burn unit. She was expected to survive.
After the woman was taken to the hospital, cops cuffed the father to his wheelchair and pushed him out of the first-floor apartment.
The elderly man was taken to a nearby police station, where he was charged with felony assault.
Jerome, who has trouble speaking since a stroke two years ago, admitted to the attack in a note he wrote to cops, sources said.
"He said she had been abusing him," a source said.
It was not immediately clear how Jerome Lynch claimed he had been abused, but relatives said he`s become delusional in recent years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends