US man, fearing world`s end, built bombs: Feds
Owensboro: A man has pleaded guilty to making bombs, claiming he feared the end of the world after watching the disaster movie "2012".
The Courier-Journal reports that James Byron Birkhead told federal agents he was making bombs to protect his family when the government fails and food riots occur.
Agent Kevin Kelm, with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, says police were called to Birkhead`s home in Owensboro when a social worker sent to check on the well-being of Birkhead`s daughters heard that he was acquiring weapons.
On Thursday, the 52-year-old pleaded guilty in US District Court in Owensboro to possessing and manufacturing explosive materials without a license.
He is scheduled to be sentenced on March 04. The government has recommended a six- to 12-month sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'