US man, fearing world`s end, built bombs: Feds
Owensboro: A man has pleaded guilty to making bombs, claiming he feared the end of the world after watching the disaster movie "2012".
The Courier-Journal reports that James Byron Birkhead told federal agents he was making bombs to protect his family when the government fails and food riots occur.
Agent Kevin Kelm, with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, says police were called to Birkhead`s home in Owensboro when a social worker sent to check on the well-being of Birkhead`s daughters heard that he was acquiring weapons.
On Thursday, the 52-year-old pleaded guilty in US District Court in Owensboro to possessing and manufacturing explosive materials without a license.
He is scheduled to be sentenced on March 04. The government has recommended a six- to 12-month sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs