US man, fearing world`s end, built bombs: Feds
Owensboro: A man has pleaded guilty to making bombs, claiming he feared the end of the world after watching the disaster movie "2012".
The Courier-Journal reports that James Byron Birkhead told federal agents he was making bombs to protect his family when the government fails and food riots occur.
Agent Kevin Kelm, with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, says police were called to Birkhead`s home in Owensboro when a social worker sent to check on the well-being of Birkhead`s daughters heard that he was acquiring weapons.
On Thursday, the 52-year-old pleaded guilty in US District Court in Owensboro to possessing and manufacturing explosive materials without a license.
He is scheduled to be sentenced on March 04. The government has recommended a six- to 12-month sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores