US man gets 10 years in suicide-bomber plot
Chicago: A Chicago man has been sentenced to nearly 10 years in prison for plotting to attend a Somalia training camp with dreams of becoming a suicide bomber for al Qaeda and another terrorist group, al-Shabab.
Shaker Masri`s sentencing on Tuesday came two years after his arrest that relied heavily on an FBI informant. He pleaded guilty in July to attempting to provide material support and resources to a terrorist organisation.
Prosecutors say the 29-year-old Alabama-born Masri talked about the possibility of killing a busload of US soldiers and, in their words, spoke of the "heavenly rewards one would receive for martyrdom”.
Investigators also allegedly found Osama bin Laden`s 1996 manifesto, "The Declaration of War Against the Americans”, on Masri`s computer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets