US man got on plane in NYC without ticket: Police
New York: The Transportation Security Administration said on Wednesday it is trying to determine how a man slipped past authorities and boarded a flight with a stolen boarding pass at New York`s Kennedy airport.
Ronald Wong, 30, of Chevy Chase, Maryland, was charged with trespassing after a flight attendant noticed him standing at the rear of a Delta airliner preparing to leave for San Francisco on February 24.
Wong told police he took another passenger`s boarding pass at the JFK ticket counter, according to a police report filed in a New York City court.
TSA agents are supposed to check boarding passes against passengers` IDs. Airline gate agents then double-check the passes as passengers board.
TSA said its agents screened Wong`s baggage at the security checkpoint, but he somehow slipped past the ID-checking station.
"TSA is aware of the incident and fully cooperating with the ongoing law enforcement investigation," the agency said in a statement.
A seat on the New York-San Francisco flight, Delta 127, normally costs USD 541, according to court documents. It was unclear if the stolen boarding pass was for that flight or another one.
New York City prosecutors have charged Wong with theft of services, criminal trespassing and petit larceny. He was released on bail on Saturday.
The arrest was first reported on Wednesday by The New York Post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?