US man indicted in Batman movie weapons case
Cleveland: A US man arrested with a loaded gun, ammunition and knives at a showing of the latest Batman movie has been indicted on three weapons counts.
A grand jury in Cleveland returned the indictment on Tuesday against 37-year-old Scott A Smith with two counts of carrying concealed weapons and one count of having a weapon under disability.
Police say he`s drug dependent and shouldn`t have a weapon.
Bond was set at USD 250,000 and arraignment was scheduled for August 27.
Smith`s attorney says his client had the weapons on August 04 for protection in case someone tried to copy last month`s Colorado theatre shooting that left 12 dead.
There was no immediate response to a request for comment on the indictment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narendra Modi govt celebrates 2nd anniversary; Amitabh Bachchan urges to educate, give equality to girl child
- Will step down if chair becomes impediment in father's vision for J&K: Mehbooba Mufti
- Nuke programme made Pakistan's defence impregnable: Nawaz Sharif
- Indian Army now confirms Hizbul Mujahideen militant Tariq Pandit held
- Kepler 62f: An exoplanet 1200 light years away may be habitable!