US man indicted in Batman movie weapons case
Cleveland: A US man arrested with a loaded gun, ammunition and knives at a showing of the latest Batman movie has been indicted on three weapons counts.
A grand jury in Cleveland returned the indictment on Tuesday against 37-year-old Scott A Smith with two counts of carrying concealed weapons and one count of having a weapon under disability.
Police say he`s drug dependent and shouldn`t have a weapon.
Bond was set at USD 250,000 and arraignment was scheduled for August 27.
Smith`s attorney says his client had the weapons on August 04 for protection in case someone tried to copy last month`s Colorado theatre shooting that left 12 dead.
There was no immediate response to a request for comment on the indictment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley