US man indicted in Batman movie weapons case
Cleveland: A US man arrested with a loaded gun, ammunition and knives at a showing of the latest Batman movie has been indicted on three weapons counts.
A grand jury in Cleveland returned the indictment on Tuesday against 37-year-old Scott A Smith with two counts of carrying concealed weapons and one count of having a weapon under disability.
Police say he`s drug dependent and shouldn`t have a weapon.
Bond was set at USD 250,000 and arraignment was scheduled for August 27.
Smith`s attorney says his client had the weapons on August 04 for protection in case someone tried to copy last month`s Colorado theatre shooting that left 12 dead.
There was no immediate response to a request for comment on the indictment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?