US man indicted in Batman movie weapons case
Cleveland: A US man arrested with a loaded gun, ammunition and knives at a showing of the latest Batman movie has been indicted on three weapons counts.
A grand jury in Cleveland returned the indictment on Tuesday against 37-year-old Scott A Smith with two counts of carrying concealed weapons and one count of having a weapon under disability.
Police say he`s drug dependent and shouldn`t have a weapon.
Bond was set at USD 250,000 and arraignment was scheduled for August 27.
Smith`s attorney says his client had the weapons on August 04 for protection in case someone tried to copy last month`s Colorado theatre shooting that left 12 dead.
There was no immediate response to a request for comment on the indictment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj