US man put to death for elderly women`s rapes, murders
Washington: An Oklahoma man sentenced to death for the murders of two elderly women a quarter-century ago has been executed by lethal injection, state prison officials said.
Ronald Lott, 53, was executed late yesterday and pronounced dead at 0006 GMT today said Jerry Massie, a spokesman for the prison system in the southern US state.
Lott`s victims, one of whom was in her 80s and the other in her 90s, were both raped before they were killed in separate attacks in the mid-1980s.
It was the 37th execution this year in the United States and the fifth in Oklahoma, according to the Death Penalty Information Center, which monitors capital punishment cases in the United States.
The non-profit group said Lott was the 107th inmate executed in the United States since capital punishment was restored, after being suspended between 1972 and 1976 over legal challenges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city