US man refuses to testify against girlfriend after being shot by her
New York: A man from Bushwick, America, has refused to testify against his girlfriend, who allegedly shot him in his head during an argument over money.
Randolph Costa told the New York Post that they love each other and that he wants the order of protection to be dropped, so that both of them can get married.
The 59-year-old man, who still has the bullet lodged near his spine further said that testifying against her would be crazy.
The prosecutors have charged his girlfriend, Evelyn Barnave, 43, for shooting the man in her car in Crown Heights on Jan. 11, 2011 by reaching him through the window.
She then left him in the street and sped off and ditched the gun.
The man refused to cooperate with prosecutors when he came to know that the shooter was his girlfriend.
He explained that both of them feel that it was an accident, and wants the police to stay away.
If found guilty, Barnave would face 25 years of imprisonment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing