US man sentenced to 15 years in Army militia plot
Hinesville: A 22-year-old ex-soldier has pleaded guilty to more than 30 charges for his involvement with a group of Army soldiers who authorities say planned acts of domestic terrorism.
Prosecutor Isabel Pauley says Timothy Joiner pleaded guilty on Tuesday to burglary, theft, violations of the street gang terrorism and prevention act and financial transaction card thefts among other offenses.
Officials say Joiner stole various items to provide bond for a jailed leader of FEAR. It is a self-described anarchist group led by soldiers who authorities say plotted to bomb a Savannah park fountain, poison apple orchards in Washington state and assassinate the President. Joiner served in Iraq.
Pauley says Joiner pleaded guilty as a first offender and is sentenced to five years in prison and 10 years of probation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'
- Foreign Investors buoyed by Indian investment: USIBC to Obama