US man who spied for China gets sentence slashed
Alexandria: A judge has sharply reduced the
prison term of a former New Orleans furniture salesman
convicted of helping China obtain secret US military
At a hearing on Friday in Alexandria, Judge Leonie Brinkema
cut the prison sentence for convicted spy Tai Shen Kuo from
nearly 16 years to just five years.
That was even better than what defense lawyers sought.
They asked to reduce Kuo`s term to six years.
Prosecutors agreed that Kuo deserved a reduced term
because of his cooperation, but the judge`s decision cut
several more years off Kuo`s prison time than the government
Brinkema said she was motivated partly by the fact that
the information Kuo delivered to Beijing was not significantly
harmful to national security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan