US Marine held in Japan for trespass
Tokyo: Police in Japan Friday arrested a US Marine on suspicion of trespassing at an apartment in the southernmost Okinawa prefecture, Xinhua reported.
The 27-year-old US serviceman from the Marine Corps` Camp Hansen allegedly intruded onto a balcony of the apartment in Naha city, capital of Okinawa, around 4.30 a.m., police told Kyodo news agency.
Police said they were checking whether the marine was drunk and how he got to the place, despite a night curfew from 11 pm to 5 am.
The curfew has been imposed on all US soldiers in Japan since October, after two women were allegedly raped by two US sailors in the prefecture, Xinhua said.
US Marines in Japan are also banned from drinking outside their bases as drunken soldiers have conducted more offences that provoked residents` anger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3