US military base sex scandal: Air Force instructor gets 20 yrs sentence
San Antonio: An Air Force instructor in Texas has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for rape and sexual assault in a sweeping sex scandal that has rocked one of the busiest military training centres in the US.
A military jury at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio found Staff Sgt Luis Walker guilty on Friday on charges that included rape, aggravated sexual contact and multiple counts of aggravated sexual assault.
The same jury decided his punishment on Saturday.
Walker is among 12 Lackland instructors investigated for sexual misconduct with female trainees. Six have been charged.
Lackland is where all Air Force recruits go through basic training. It has about 475 instructors for about 35,000 airmen who graduate every year. While one in five recruits is female, most instructors are male.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics