US military base sex scandal: Air Force instructor gets 20 yrs sentence
San Antonio: An Air Force instructor in Texas has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for rape and sexual assault in a sweeping sex scandal that has rocked one of the busiest military training centres in the US.
A military jury at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio found Staff Sgt Luis Walker guilty on Friday on charges that included rape, aggravated sexual contact and multiple counts of aggravated sexual assault.
The same jury decided his punishment on Saturday.
Walker is among 12 Lackland instructors investigated for sexual misconduct with female trainees. Six have been charged.
Lackland is where all Air Force recruits go through basic training. It has about 475 instructors for about 35,000 airmen who graduate every year. While one in five recruits is female, most instructors are male.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review