US military, Nepal Army to hold joint humanitarian ops
Kathmandu: For the first time, Nepal Army and the US military, will conduct joint humanitarian assistance operations next week in Pokhara.
`Operation Pacific Angel Nepal` is a six-day project that will include medical, optometry, and construction programmes as well as various subject-matter expert exchanges, a US Embassy statement said.
The exercise will commence from September 10 in Pokhara and will be led by the United States Pacific Air Forces.
Around 150 Nepali and US military personnel along with Project HOPE doctors, local non-governmental organisations and military doctors from Australia and Mongolia, will support this operation to help improve the health and quality of life for Nepali communities and enhance regional cooperation, stability and security, the statement said.
Since 2007, the US military, together with a host of nations military personnel throughout the Asia-Pacific region, have improved the lives of tens of thousands of people through Operation Pacific Angel.
This is the first time Operation Pacific Angel is being conducted in Nepal.
This year, Pacific Angel has also been conducted in Laos, Vietnam, and the Philippines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her