US military, Nepal Army to hold joint humanitarian ops
Kathmandu: For the first time, Nepal Army and the US military, will conduct joint humanitarian assistance operations next week in Pokhara.
`Operation Pacific Angel Nepal` is a six-day project that will include medical, optometry, and construction programmes as well as various subject-matter expert exchanges, a US Embassy statement said.
The exercise will commence from September 10 in Pokhara and will be led by the United States Pacific Air Forces.
Around 150 Nepali and US military personnel along with Project HOPE doctors, local non-governmental organisations and military doctors from Australia and Mongolia, will support this operation to help improve the health and quality of life for Nepali communities and enhance regional cooperation, stability and security, the statement said.
Since 2007, the US military, together with a host of nations military personnel throughout the Asia-Pacific region, have improved the lives of tens of thousands of people through Operation Pacific Angel.
This is the first time Operation Pacific Angel is being conducted in Nepal.
This year, Pacific Angel has also been conducted in Laos, Vietnam, and the Philippines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview