US military, Nepal Army to hold joint humanitarian ops
Kathmandu: For the first time, Nepal Army and the US military, will conduct joint humanitarian assistance operations next week in Pokhara.
`Operation Pacific Angel Nepal` is a six-day project that will include medical, optometry, and construction programmes as well as various subject-matter expert exchanges, a US Embassy statement said.
The exercise will commence from September 10 in Pokhara and will be led by the United States Pacific Air Forces.
Around 150 Nepali and US military personnel along with Project HOPE doctors, local non-governmental organisations and military doctors from Australia and Mongolia, will support this operation to help improve the health and quality of life for Nepali communities and enhance regional cooperation, stability and security, the statement said.
Since 2007, the US military, together with a host of nations military personnel throughout the Asia-Pacific region, have improved the lives of tens of thousands of people through Operation Pacific Angel.
This is the first time Operation Pacific Angel is being conducted in Nepal.
This year, Pacific Angel has also been conducted in Laos, Vietnam, and the Philippines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?