US military probes ‘suicide’ of Navy SEAL officer in Afghanistan
London: The US Navy is reportedly probing the death of a top SEAL officer in Afghanistan as an apparent suicide.
According to the US Defense Department, commander Job Price, 42, died Saturday of a ‘non-combat related injury while supporting stability operations in (central) Uruzgan province, Afghanistan.’
The Pentagon said Price did not die in combat, and that his death is under investigation, the Telegraph reports.
Price was assigned to a Naval Special Warfare unit in Virginia.
CNN and NBC News reported that Price commanded SEAL Team 4, one of eight SEAL team deployments.
The family has been notified of the death, which is being investigated as an apparent suicide, a US military official with direct knowledge of the event told CNN.
According to the paper, the official said there was no immediate indication that Price was involved in any military-related investigations or controversies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena