`US military shooting suspect in hospital`
Fort Worth: US military officials say an Army psychiatrist charged in a shooting rampage in Texas has been hospitalised for undisclosed reasons.
A news release says Maj. Nidal Hasan is in good condition today after being admitted to the Fort Hood hospital Saturday. It says he should be released within two days.
It says medical privacy laws prevent the release of information about Hasan`s health or why he`s there.
Hasan faces the death penalty if convicted in the 2009 attack that killed 13 people and wounded more than two dozen.
Hasan is paralysed from the waist down after police shot him. His trial is on hold over his beard, which violates Army rules. He is appealing a judge`s order that he be forcibly shaved before the trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row