US military warned Iraq of possible Baghdad blasts
Baghdad: The US military says it warned Iraqi officials about possible attacks in Baghdad the same day that bombers struck government sites in the country`s capital last week.
The US military said in a statement to a news agency on Monday that the information it shared with the Iraqis addressed such attacks — but that there was no "specific actionable intelligence" related to the bombings that killed 127 people.
Iraq`s Parliament is having a fourth day of hearings with security officials over breaches that allowed for Tuesday`s attacks — the third such large-scale strike in Baghdad since summer.
Abbas al-Bayati, from the parliament`s defense committee, says the hearings are held behind closed doors. Lawmakers are expected to make recommendations about security improvements.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- WATCH: Urvashi Rautela's sizzling dance with Dwayne Bravo at a party!
- Sangeeta Bijlani not miffed with 'Azhar', says Emraan Hashmi
- No sugar shortage: 31 million MT sugar to be available during 2016-17
- Vegan? Here's how you can get all key nutrients!
- India performing well as compared to other nations: UN expert