US missionaries get another weekend in Haiti jail
Port-au-Prince: Two US missionaries are spending another weekend in a Haitian jail.
A judge had said earlier he was likely to release the women soon. But that didn`t happen after a closed hearing on Friday.
The judge did not publicly explain the delay in releasing Idaho residents Laura Silsby and Charisa Coulter.
Asked if she would be released, Coulter said, "Not today”. She appeared to weep after getting into a police vehicle for the drive back to jail.
The two were detained on January 29 along with eight other Americans as they tried to leave Haiti with 33 children. Authorities held them on suspicion of kidnapping, while the missionaries said they were just trying to rescue kids they thought were orphans. The other missionaries have been freed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley