US: Mitt Romney’s Wikipedia page ‘locked down’
London: Now anonymous users will not be able to make editorial changes to the Wikipedia pages of US presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
The pages belonging to the former Massachusetts governor and other members of the Republican Party who may run alongside him have been locked down.
The measures were taken after comedian Stephen Colbert suggested on an American television show that viewers should edit the pages, the BBC reports.
Colbert was following up on earlier media reports suggesting that the popularity of election candidates could be determined by the number of edits their entries on Wikipedia had received.
As a result, more people began editing the politicians` pages.
According to the report, the pages are now partly locked, meaning that anonymous users and those without a Wikipedia account are currently unable to make changes to the pages of Romney, Senators Rob Portman and Marco Rubio, Governor Chris Christie and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof