US: Mom gets 99 years in prison for gluing tot`s hands
Dallas: A Dallas woman who beat her 2-year-old daughter and glued the toddler`s hands to a wall was sentenced Friday to 99 years in prison.
Elizabeth Escalona faced from probation to life in prison, and prosecutors had sought 45 years behind bars.
Family members in the courtroom sobbed loudly as the judge announced the 23-year-old mother`s punishment.
Escalona pleaded guilty in July to felony injury to a child, but her mother and sister had pleaded for leniency on her behalf.
State District Judge Larry Mitchell said she "savagely beat" her child and deserved to be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket