US: Mom gets 99 years in prison for gluing tot`s hands
Dallas: A Dallas woman who beat her 2-year-old daughter and glued the toddler`s hands to a wall was sentenced Friday to 99 years in prison.
Elizabeth Escalona faced from probation to life in prison, and prosecutors had sought 45 years behind bars.
Family members in the courtroom sobbed loudly as the judge announced the 23-year-old mother`s punishment.
Escalona pleaded guilty in July to felony injury to a child, but her mother and sister had pleaded for leniency on her behalf.
State District Judge Larry Mitchell said she "savagely beat" her child and deserved to be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!