US: Mom gets 99 years in prison for gluing tot`s hands
Dallas: A Dallas woman who beat her 2-year-old daughter and glued the toddler`s hands to a wall was sentenced Friday to 99 years in prison.
Elizabeth Escalona faced from probation to life in prison, and prosecutors had sought 45 years behind bars.
Family members in the courtroom sobbed loudly as the judge announced the 23-year-old mother`s punishment.
Escalona pleaded guilty in July to felony injury to a child, but her mother and sister had pleaded for leniency on her behalf.
State District Judge Larry Mitchell said she "savagely beat" her child and deserved to be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway