US mother charged with raping infant son
Dublin: An Ohio woman is accused of raping her 10-month-old son, videotaping it and sending it to her boyfriend in Michigan.
Ashley N Jessup, 24, was indicted in Columbus on Thursday on two counts of rape, one count of child endangerment and one count of pandering sexually-oriented material involving a minor.
Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O`Brien says the rape charge could land her life in prison.
O`Brien tells The Columbus Dispatch that Jessup e-mailed the videos to her boyfriend in Battle Creek, Michigan, where his ex-girlfriend discovered them and contacted police.
Jessup is being held in the Franklin County Correctional Centre in lieu of USD 1 million bond. Court documents do not list an attorney for Jessup.
The newspaper reported that it wasn`t immediately clear who has custody of the child.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources