US mudslide death toll climbs to 28
Arlington: The official death toll from Washington state`s mudslide has increased to 28, and the Snohomish County medical examiner`s office says 22 of those victims have been identified.
That`s up from 27 dead with 19 identified yesterday morning.
The latest names added to the victims list are 65-year-old Thom E Satterlee, 60-year-old Lon E Slauson and 23-year-old Adam Farnes. Like the rest, they died of blunt force injuries suffered in the March 22 slide northeast of Seattle.
Satterlee and Slauson had been on the missing list. Officials say the number of people who are missing now stands at 20.
Officials say receding floodwaters near the rural community of Oso are helping in the search for human remains by exposing more sites that can be examined.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured