US mudslide death toll climbs to 28
Arlington: The official death toll from Washington state`s mudslide has increased to 28, and the Snohomish County medical examiner`s office says 22 of those victims have been identified.
That`s up from 27 dead with 19 identified yesterday morning.
The latest names added to the victims list are 65-year-old Thom E Satterlee, 60-year-old Lon E Slauson and 23-year-old Adam Farnes. Like the rest, they died of blunt force injuries suffered in the March 22 slide northeast of Seattle.
Satterlee and Slauson had been on the missing list. Officials say the number of people who are missing now stands at 20.
Officials say receding floodwaters near the rural community of Oso are helping in the search for human remains by exposing more sites that can be examined.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog