US museum to open balcony where King was shot
Memphis: The National Civil Rights Museum in the US plans to open the balcony where Martin Luther King Jr was shot to the public.
The Memphis, Tennessee, museum was built around and includes the old Lorraine Motel, where King was staying when he was assassinated in 1968. Visitors had been able to see the balcony where King was shot but couldn`t stand on it.
The museum`s main building will close at the end of the day Monday for renovations. Officials hope to open the balcony to the public on November 19.
A museum annex that includes the boarding house from which James Earl Ray shot at King also will be open during the renovation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre