US must be removed from Islamic world: Khamenei
Tehran: Iran`s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Sunday called on Muslims to "remove" the United States from the Islamic world.
"The main problem in the Muslim world is the presence of the United States. It is the biggest problem. We need to address that," he told a gathering of Shi’ite and Sunni scholars in Tehran for an international conference on Islam.
"It is necessary to remove the United States from the Islamic world," the all-powerful cleric and Islamic republic`s commander-in-chief said, adding that the country`s arch-foe was currently weak.
Khamenei urged Muslims worldwide to preserve the "people`s movement in Egypt”, saying it was the duty of both the people and dignitaries of Arab nations and the entire Islamic community.
He reiterated that the Arab revolts were "Islamic" and must be consolidated.
"The enemies try to say that the popular movements in Egypt, Tunisia and other nations are un-Islamic, but certainly these popular movements are Islamic and must be consolidated," he said.
On February 04, in his Friday prayer sermon, Khamenei called for an Islamic regime to be installed in Egypt, a week before that country`s strongman Hosni Mubarak was ousted.
Iran said it supported the uprising in Egypt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details