‘US must do everything it can to fell Iran govt’
Washington: Former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has said that Washington should consider tougher penalties against Tehran and should ‘be doing everything possible to bring the Iranian government down.’
Calling the Iranian regime “the poster child for state sponsorship of terrorism,” Rice said one way to confront Iran would be to remain in Iraq.
“This is one of the downsides of having our forces out of Iraq, because we can confront the Iranians in Iraq,” Fox News quoted Rice, as saying.
“Frankly, I think it would help the regional balance to have a residual American presence there. We need to find a way to help the Iraqis sustain themselves through this period and to deal with their somewhat meddlesome neighbor in Iran,” she added.
Rice also said that the Iranian government is trying to get a nuclear weapon and that it represses its people.
“The regime has absolutely no legitimacy left,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’