‘US must do everything it can to fell Iran govt’
Washington: Former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has said that Washington should consider tougher penalties against Tehran and should ‘be doing everything possible to bring the Iranian government down.’
Calling the Iranian regime “the poster child for state sponsorship of terrorism,” Rice said one way to confront Iran would be to remain in Iraq.
“This is one of the downsides of having our forces out of Iraq, because we can confront the Iranians in Iraq,” Fox News quoted Rice, as saying.
“Frankly, I think it would help the regional balance to have a residual American presence there. We need to find a way to help the Iraqis sustain themselves through this period and to deal with their somewhat meddlesome neighbor in Iran,” she added.
Rice also said that the Iranian government is trying to get a nuclear weapon and that it represses its people.
“The regime has absolutely no legitimacy left,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city