US N-submarine catches fire, 7 injured
Washington: At least seven people were wounded after a fire broke out overnight on a US Navy`s nuclear-powered submarine, the Navy said on Thursday.
The submarine is docked at a shipyard in Maine state, northeast of the US.
The fire broke out shortly before 6 pm on Wednesday on the USS Miami, an attack submarine, Xinhua quoted Rear Admiral Rick Breckenridge, commander of Submarine Group-2, in a statement.
The injured included three Portsmouth Naval Shipyard firefighters, two crew members and two civilian firefighters providing support. All have been released after medical treatment.
The cause of the fire has not yet been identified, Breckenridge said. A full investigation is taking place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!