US N-submarine catches fire, 7 injured
Washington: At least seven people were wounded after a fire broke out overnight on a US Navy`s nuclear-powered submarine, the Navy said on Thursday.
The submarine is docked at a shipyard in Maine state, northeast of the US.
The fire broke out shortly before 6 pm on Wednesday on the USS Miami, an attack submarine, Xinhua quoted Rear Admiral Rick Breckenridge, commander of Submarine Group-2, in a statement.
The injured included three Portsmouth Naval Shipyard firefighters, two crew members and two civilian firefighters providing support. All have been released after medical treatment.
The cause of the fire has not yet been identified, Breckenridge said. A full investigation is taking place.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on