US N-submarine catches fire, 7 injured
Washington: At least seven people were wounded after a fire broke out overnight on a US Navy`s nuclear-powered submarine, the Navy said on Thursday.
The submarine is docked at a shipyard in Maine state, northeast of the US.
The fire broke out shortly before 6 pm on Wednesday on the USS Miami, an attack submarine, Xinhua quoted Rear Admiral Rick Breckenridge, commander of Submarine Group-2, in a statement.
The injured included three Portsmouth Naval Shipyard firefighters, two crew members and two civilian firefighters providing support. All have been released after medical treatment.
The cause of the fire has not yet been identified, Breckenridge said. A full investigation is taking place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state