US N-submarine catches fire, 7 injured
Washington: At least seven people were wounded after a fire broke out overnight on a US Navy`s nuclear-powered submarine, the Navy said on Thursday.
The submarine is docked at a shipyard in Maine state, northeast of the US.
The fire broke out shortly before 6 pm on Wednesday on the USS Miami, an attack submarine, Xinhua quoted Rear Admiral Rick Breckenridge, commander of Submarine Group-2, in a statement.
The injured included three Portsmouth Naval Shipyard firefighters, two crew members and two civilian firefighters providing support. All have been released after medical treatment.
The cause of the fire has not yet been identified, Breckenridge said. A full investigation is taking place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj